Cruise-Mate motorcycle cruise assist is a very easy to use aftermarket throttle assist for Harley-Davidson motorcycles. It allows the rider to relieve the constant pressure required to hold your throttle open, helps relieve carpel tunnel syndrome and many other hand, wrist, arm, shoulder issues while riding.
With a simple flip of your thumb (typically 1/4 turn or less) you can set your throttle where you want it, AND YOU CAN STILL OPERATE THROTTLE WITH CRUISE-MATE SET! We have looked closely at all products on the market today and are confidant Cruise-Mate is the best throttle assist for Harley-Davidson and other brands.
All internal components are manufactured from 303 stainless steel and the handle is die cast metal (not plastic) with either black powder coat or nickel chrome finish. All Cruise-Mate parts are GUARANTEED FOREVER, even if the chrome peels Cruise-Mate will replace it for FREE!!!
Installing Cruise-Mate requires enlarging the threaded hole for the original equipment star wheel. If you can drill and tap a straight hole you won’t need the installation kit, if you’re not confident you can drill and tap accurately, we strongly recommend you purchase the installation kit which includes drill and tap plus jig to guide drill and tap straight.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED (But Optional, it’s your bike) Cruise-Mate Installation Jigs available from Drop Down Menu – Cable Throttle $9.99 – Electronic Throttle (FBW) – $19.99 Jig guarantees a properly aligned hole when drilling.
Optional Cruise-Mate Drill & Tap Kits: Includes 21/64 drill bit, 3/8-24 tap and installation/operating instructions. Available for $10.99 from drop down box above.
WHY IS CRUISE-MATE MOTORCYCLE THROTTLE CRUISE CONTROL BETTER?
- The original star wheel provided by Harley-Davidson is very small and tucked under the control assembly making it very difficult to access, and the spokes of the star are so short there is no feel feedback to let you know how tight the throttle lock is. The original equipment star wheel also utilizes a very fine pitch thread (32 threads / inch), which takes several turns of the star to engage or disengage the throttle lock feature.
- Cruise-Mate consists of a solid stainless steel cartridge assembly with much coarser internal threads, which nearly doubles the vertical action of the friction device with the same amount of rotary motion. This allows Cruise-Mate to engage and disengage nearly twice as fast as the original star wheel device, typically 1/4 turn or less.
- Cruise-Mate is positioned so it can be engaged or disengaged with a flip of your thumb and while engaging, the handle provides very good feel feedback, letting you know how much tension you’re applying to the throttle.
- Cruise-Mate utilizes a 15 degree spring loaded male and female spline inside the handle which allows for infinite adjust-ability, you can even adjust while moving if necessary.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CRUISE-MATE MOTORCYCLE THROTTLE CRUISE CONTROL
IS CRUISE-MATE REALLY A CRUISE CONTROL DEVICE?
- No. Cruise-Mate is a mechanical throttle friction device, it does not release when applying the brakes, it needs to turned on and off manually.
MY BIKE IS EQUIPPED FROM THE FACTORY WITH A THROTTLE LOCK, WHY SHOULD I CHANGE IT?
- The original star wheel provided by Harley-Davidson is very small and tucked under control making it very difficult to access. The original equipment star wheel also utilizes a very fine pitch thread, which takes several turns of the star to engage or disengage the throttle lock feature.
- Cruise-Mate consists of a solid stainless steel cartridge assembly with much coarser internal threads, which nearly doubles the vertical action of the friction device with the same amount of rotary motion. This allows our Cruise-Mate to engage and disengage twice as fast as the original star wheel device.
- Cruise-Mate also incorporates an infinitely adjustable lever style handle for easy access by the thumb of the operator. Cruise-Mate will typically apply sufficient pressure to hold the throttle in place with 1/4 turn or less of the handle.
CAN I STILL OPERATE THE THROTTLE WITH CRUISE-MATE ENGAGED (TURNED ON)?
- Yes. Cruise-Mate utilizes a soft tip to apply pressure to the throttle tube, allowing you to still turn the throttle without doing damage to the throttle tube.
IS CRUISE-MATE DIFFICULT TO INSTALL?
- No. Anyone with average mechanical ability will be able to install Cruise-Mate in well under an hour. All Cruise-Mates come with very complete installation and operating instructions including pictures every step of the way. And if you do run into a problem, we’re available via a toll free phone number to help.
- Although drilling and tapping your control assembly is required, we make available a RECOMMENDED installation drill jig for every Cruise-Mate making the drilling and tapping process error free. Watch the Installation Video by clicking on that Tab above.
IS CRUISE-MATE DIFFICULT TO ADJUST?
- No. One of the most unique features of Cruise-Mate is how simple it is to adjust. Inside the handle is a spring loaded spline, which makes it so easy to adjust you can even perform adjustments while riding if you wish. Simply pull down on the handle and rotate it forward or back a notch or two, and release.
WILL CRUISE-MATE WEAR OUT MY THROTTLE TUBE INSIDE THE GRIP
- No. We mold a Nylon tip (same material most throttle tubes are made from) inside the Cruise-Mate insert which is the only part that makes contact with the throttle tube.
INSTALLING CRUISE-MATE INVOLVES ENLARGING THE HOLE IN MY CONTROL HOUSING, WHAT IF I INSTALL CRUISE-MATE AND DON’T LIKE IT?
If, after installing Cruise-Mate, you decide it’s not what you wanted, let us know. We’ll provide you with a free, screw-in bushing that will return your control assembly to the original thread size, allowing you to operate your bike exactly as it was previously.