NOTE: Radar Box is undergoing a design modification and will be AVAILABLE SOON!
The Radar Box is an enclosure that provides weather protection and security for all radar detectors.
- Fits all Radar Detectors – All windshield mounted radar detectors sold today fit inside the Radar Box. This allows any automotive radar detector to be used on a motorcycle.
- Weather and Damage Protection – The Radar Box places the radar detector inside a polycarbonate housing. This protects the radar detector from weather and other debris damage
- Security for the Radar Detector – The Radar Box covers the radar detector with a painted polycarbonate enclosure. This hides the radar detector from being seen by less-than-ethical people wanting your expensive detector.
- Compatible with Existing Mounting Solutions – The Radar Box fits leading mounting solutions for motorcycles. If already using a RAM or similar mounting system, the Radar Box is 100% compatible which eliminates the expense of a new mounting system. RAM components not included with the Radar Box.
- Compatible with Existing Shelf Systems – The Radar Box can be mounted directly to any flat surface. If a shelf system is mounted on the motorcycle, the Radar Box can be mounted directly on the shelf, which eliminates the expense of replacing the current shelf system.
- H.A.R.D. System Compatible – The H.A.R.D. System transmitter can be placed inside the Radar Box. The H.A.R.D. System is now protected from weather and other types of damage.
- The Radar Box is made up of two main pieces: the top or enclosure section, and the bottom or plate.
- The top of the Radar Box is a thermoformed polycarbonate enclosure. The enclosure is clear front and back and painted black on three sides to keep unwanted eyes off your radar detector.
- The interior dimensions of the enclosure are 5.3 x 3.6 X 1.25 inches. This allows room for the longest detector, the Escort 9500ix, and the widest, the Valentine, and the tallest, the Escort Redline. The Radar Box is sized to allow for use of the H.A.R.D. System. The H.A.R.D. System transmitter can be placed inside the Radar Box along with the detector.
- The bottom or “plate” is made from high-impact UV – resistant polypropylene. Stainless steel hardware is included. The plate has two blind countersunk holes drilled that can be used to attach a RAM ball (RAM components not included with the Radar Box) or to screw onto a flat surface — you just need to finish drilling the hole.
Placing the radar detector inside the Radar Box is easy and outlined in the following steps.
- The radar detector is secured in place on the plate using Velcro (included). The securing of the detector to the plate avoids movement by the detector inside the enclosure.
- The enclosure is placed over the plate.
- Four thumbscrews are inserted to hold the enclosure to the plate and make it easy to open and close the Radar Box.